Monday 17 May 2010

Vroom vroom...

Sunday night...and man I am ridiculously tired. Busy old weekend full of far too much driving.

Now, I enjoy driving, or I thought I did... I haven't travelled very far and wide in my driving career, so the novelty hasn't worn off yet....
In Morzine I had to drive a 10 seater mini bus which, quite frankly, was hilarious. I don't know who was more scared - me, or the guests and other staff I ferried around. I think the other staff dreaded my night of duty driving to be honest.... 10 seats, left hand drive, right hand of the road, snow, ice and night time driving (!!) don't seem to mix well with me, but it was a fun old experience....eeek.
Anyway, enough of that; In England I've not done many long distance drives, but this weekend I drove drove drove...

- To see the boyfriend Steve in Swindon (95 miles)
- Day trip to Bath (38 miles)
- Dinner in Glastonbury (30 miles)
- Performing at a Wedding (20 miles)
- Back to Swindon (80 miles)
- Back home (95 miles)

Total 278 miles. Now that probably doesn't sound loads, but to me it was MILLIONS of miles, and it TOTALLY EXHAUSTED ME...I've never known concentration like it. I cleverly managed to get my first speeding ticket (8 miles over the speed limit!! Grrrrrrr) so now I'm laying in bed VERY tired. Good old weekend though.
Laying in bed with my laptop is BAD for my itunes budget though....Bought so many new albums...I've decided using spotify just isn't enough as I want more music on the go, so bought music from Miike Snow, Jazzanova, Diplo, Cat Empire, The Avalanches, Vampire Weekend, Two Door Cinema Club, Alicia Keys, Deftones, Squarepusher, Cinematic Orchestra and Roy Hargrove. What a mixed bag....!!! Can't wait to get listening though....
Anyway, Toodle doo for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment