Tuesday 26 October 2010

P*ss....... !!! Is that a rude word??

So.....Finished painting at the Metro Snow Show...

SO MUCH FRICKING FUN!!

I loved it. Proper LOVED painting, loved seeing the skiing/boarding, LOVED seeing some old Morzine faces, LOVED meeting some new faces....Just loved it...Brilliant couple of days. So here's a couple of pictures of the finished result.

Concept behind the piece - Combining old and new.... Wanted the woman to look old fashioned - Christmas jumper / Salopettes / Flock Wallpaper / Curly Writing.... But then be saying something totally outlandish and shocking....

'Back To Back Double Cork....??? Psh...piece of p*ss!!'


...surrounded by monsters and graffiti style doodles etc.....!!!

I'm fairly pleased with the result....For my first mural think it went ok. I always think I could do better, and this is no different, but it's fairly cool.....



A lot of my work has a bit of a risque/naughty/rude side - and I wanted this to be no different....But I suddenly had a MASSIVE panick when I started writing the word 'p*ss'.
Now, I personally don't have a problem with the word.... To me, it's not a swear word and it's thoroughly unoffensive. However, when I started writing the letter 'P' I started to panic.... There were families and old people and children all walking past.... 'oh f*ck.....what am I doing?!....'

I even phoned my mum to ask if she found it offensive...I tried to think of alternatives 'pass? poss? ARGHHHH....
In the end decided to go for it but ***** out the 'i' to make it more passable for those easily offended!!! ha.... Did have a bit of a flutter when 4 security guards walked past staring at me.....eeek....Thought I may be chucked out,but thank god all ok.

Anyway, I think (hope) For Boarders By Boarders were fairly pleased....Would LOVE to do more painting with them in the future, so fingers crossed watch this space..... tum te tum....YAHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment