Monday 14 February 2011

NZ baby!!

It would seem I am highly irresistible, tasty and delicious.....to MOSQUITOS!

In Fiji I was bitten so much people joked (I think!) that they'd like to take me with them on their travels to deter the mosquitos from them - to me. It would appear I'm like one of those sticky fly catchers. I quite literally attract them. Now I thought this was just a Fiji thing. Apparantly not. In NZ it's reached a whole new level. And the really attractive thing about all this? (Oh yes.) I seem to be allergic to bites. I currently have one bite that is quite literally taking over half my leg. I really am beautiful!! mmm....

Anyway, I'm now (and have been for 2 weeks) in NEW ZEALAND!!! Started in Auckland where I met two friends from home (Katherine and Vicki.) I was that total geek I'm sure everyone wants when they arrive, with a BIG sign with their names on! Emotional reunions...etc...etc.

Auckland is a beautiful, big city right by the harbour...(apparantly 1/3 NZ's population lives there.) Very busy and vibrant. Whilst we were here (3 nights) we spent the majority of time trying to sort out a rental car! (The plan being to drive our way around the country...) Now it turns out we should have, perhaps, booked a car before we left. It would appear that Auckland had a severe lack of vehicles (in our price range!)...So took a few days to sort this out.... (Whilst in Auckland also ate my body weight in Sushi, went on the harbour, few drinks...and whatnot.)

We eventually hired a car for 5 days to do part of the North Island, then a second car to do the rest of the North and South Island. On getting into the car we realised it was an automatic. I bloody love it!! It's like a bumper car or a quad bike.... This isn't real driving?!!! No gear changes?? No stalling? Clutch control??! I have been missing out!!! Great fun to drive. Also helped by the fact NZ roads are SO FUN TO DRIVE! Long winding roads, hills, straights, curves.... brilliant brilliant fun.

NZ is also gorgeous. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been.....

To be continued.....Need to pack up tent....etc..... more asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment